Johnstown, PA – 2016-2017 – $14,124,000.00
Scope of Work:
Neumeyer Environmental Services (NES) performed the Waste Management to include a wide variety of site work and environmental remediation tasks at a PADEP designated Act 2 site that had been the site of large scale tank farms, and more recently, a demolition and salvage yard.
To facilitate the work to be performed, NES improved and built site access and haul roads, installed concrete entrances to PennDOT’s road, mobilized a trailer complex, and installed laydown and parking areas.
- Waste Management
- Contaminated Soil and Buried Debris Disposal.
- NES excavated over 200,000 tons of soil and buried debris from the site, coordinating with several trucking companies and four landfills to ensure timely and proper landfill disposal of the materials.
- Hazardous Material, Chemical, and Water Inventory and Management:
- NES inventoried and collected large quantities of chemicals from around the site, in addition to pumping product and liquid from storage tanks, piping, and excavations. All wastes were sampled, profiled, and properly disposed of at a number of licensed facilities.
- NES performed asbestos abatement in several structures and mobile homes on the site.
- Well Closure
- NES closed 27 monitoring wells and one drinking water well on the site.
- Storage Tank Closures
- NES closed, removed, cleaned, and disposed of 10 underground storage tanks and 4 aboveground storage tanks.
- Pipe Closures
- NES drained over 10,000 linear feet of pipe remaining from the tank farms that previously were in place at the site. Approximately 7,000 feet of pipe was excavated, cut, and removed, and approximately 3,000 feet was filled with grout and closed in place because it ran thru a wetland.
- NES demolished four buildings, and several mobile homes and trailers.
- Waste Management